Smashed Pea Crostini Recipe.

wholesome-bread-sliced.jpg

Wholesome Bread, sliced.

Smashed Pea Crostini. I love it.

Fact: There are a variety of foods which always make an appearance on my foodie playlist. 1) Tin tomatoes. 2) Eggs. 3) Rice…and so on.

Frozen peas are on that playlist too. By playlist, I of course mean pantry list. Don’t you think playlist sounds so much better though!

I love beans on toast and I love beans in things; so I liken this version of crostini to a fresh light & zesty version of “greeny things on Toast.”

Only so much lighter, quicker and better for you… err yes, on my not so guilty days when I didn’t eat cake for lunch…. #foodblogger problems.

There have been a variety of no bake, no cook days recently. Sad to say and I know, this is a cooking blog.

Nonetheless sometimes there are just those days or weeks, or months, (you know exactly what I mean.) They’re the days when you have to drag yourself off to that next thing you have to do & a 10 minute quick fix lunch is all you have time for, aka what you need.

smashed -pea-crostini.jpg

Smashed Pea Crostini

Got a little more time? Then take this topping to the next level, or this Pea Pesto. It’s the best!

It too can be made so very quickly and tastes damn fine with pasta, or runny eggs, *sigh.*

Is there no dish that can’t be elevated to rock star status, with a good runny egg! Sometimes you might like it cheesey, (parmesan, feta, brilliant!) Some days, you might want to go nuts! You decide.

Whatever the outcome, save those extra minutes in cooking time. Enjoy that time out of the kitchen and give yourself permission to say “Yes!” Sometimes it’s okay to just eat peas, but if you’re going to do it.

Do it with Style!

recipe-for-pea-crostini.jpg

Up close & personal, Smashed Pea Crostini

Ingredients:
Sliced Bread, toasted
1 cup of frozen peas
Freshly boiled water, to cover peas
Lemon zest & juice
Parmesan cheese (optional.)
Salt & Pepper, to taste

More delicious ideas for Crostini to be found here. Happy Cooking & Brunching.

Share on Facebook2Tweet about this on Twitter2Google+0Pin on Pinterest5Email to someone

Comments

• says

Hi Kelly, I’m so glad to hear I might have made another pea convert out there! If you wanted to cheesy it up, it would be great with some parmesan etc too, (besides the lemon.)

Happy cooking!

• says

I hope you try this! One of my Instagram pals made this for his whole family & I was thrilled to hear they enjoyed it. If you have frozen peas & crusty bread you’re halfway there. Enjoy!

1. says

playlist! love it! Yep, frozen peas are an absolute must here, too. I’ve never tried this but I have a feeling it may just make it onto my Easter brunch menu :) Thanks for another flash of inspiration x

• says

Always welcome! I love a tasty ‘playlist’ and quick and easy is my motto for most days. Though, I do love to blog about desserts every now and then! Hope your Easter is looking fun & tasty too!

• says

Hi Grace, thank you so much! Glad to hear these are a hit with you too. It’s great to see them get a lot of love. Check out the video archives if you want more tasty entertainment!

2. says

I love this kind of dish Alice! I make something very similar with broad beans (also frozen, I’ve only seen fresh broad beans at the shop once this year, dang it!) and I occasionally add some smashed avocado into the mix. I like the look of that bread… yummmm! Perfect simplicity xx

3. says

Alice!
    Smashed Pea Crostini?! Dude, I love this!! only you can make frozen peas look great. love how simple this is. . sometimes the best recipes are the ones we throw together in less than 20-30 minutes. And oh my gawd, that bread looks so good .. what kind is it? is that dried fruit inside?

• says

Well spotted! The bread has feta & cubes of pumpkin throughout. A gift from my in-laws the last time my guy was home! As for frozen peas they’re pretty amazing and a life saver too!

4. says

There ain’t nothing wrong with a few no bake, no cook days! We can all use a break sometimes. And this smashed pea crostini looks amazing! So healthy and vibrant and fresh! I need to try that pea pesto too. Yum!

• says

Thank you! I know there’s a time and place for these recipes and smashed peas are a firm favourite, alongside others. I love the way ‘gourmet’ toppings can totally elevate our lunchtimes, to fabulous :)

5. says

Beautimous, girlfriend! Love the GREEN of smashed peas…and in my opinion, one can’t go wrong with toast. :) This will come in handy as a late midnight snack or yummy nosh for movie watching. ;) Thanks for the inspiration!

• says

Simple is my motto at the moment! I still love taking the time to enjoy delicious recipes which are a true labour in love, but as I only have 8weeks or thereabouts until cheffing school is complete, I’ve got to get my skates on!